Sunday 3 February 2013

Trying something new

So after blitzing many of my fitting skills I've moved onto the Leadership skills I discussed previously, while doing so I took a couple of days to train up skills to use various forms of EWAR as well as improve my Logistics skills; in doing so I've managed to fly some new ships in a few fleets which was definitely a nice change of pace and lets me appreciate the various skills required to do each effectively.

An E-Uni Shield Doctrine fleet mid warp
One of the other new things I've finally got around to was visiting the Universities Low Sec Camp (LSC), I was on setting up some buy orders for various ship components and seen that an impromptu class to talk about and visit the LSC. It was great to talk to others and put some questions about what its like, the type of engagements and what sort of ships to bring, in short for any Unista reading this, just go give it a go once you're allowed to do so.

A few days later and after using my alt to move equipment around I decided to start moving things into low sec however as I got into the Mumble channel there was a fight going down and with a small selection of ships at my disposal took a chance and jumped into low sec without having eyes on the gate, a bad thing to do normally as a gate camp may have been there. As I landed on grid the battle was almost over and whilst we had won the field our overall losses meant it was something a stalemate. Certainly an exciting way to get started as I got on a killmail having only joined the LSC moments earlier.

My plan of flying Assault Frigates and Interceptors has therefore been out on hold slightly but the various other ships have more than made up for any disappointment of not being able to fly the ships I want, this is due to a decision I made last week where I plan to use a Neural Remap once my current set of Leadership skills have finished, this will be for Perception and Willpower allowing me to focus entirely on ship, gunnery and missile skills for the next few months and by a few I actually mean around about 4-6 months at least.


Beyond that I may or may not (I have) taken advantage of the 90 day alt account offer CCP are currently promoting, my plan being to create a cloaky hauler alt who can also be used to haul things into low sec as well as flying cloaky frigates to be eyes on gates for fleet operations.


One thing I am aware of is the sporadic nature of my blog posting and this is mainly due to real life commitments but my plan is to make at least one blog post per week and for those who would like to follow other EVE related blogs I highly recommend Azual Skoll's The Altruist and fellow Unista Apothne's Masters Degree in Spaceships both of which discuss far more advanced aspects of the game and in greater detail for those seeking to go beyond the introductory scope of this blog.

Until next time, fly safe o7

No comments:

Post a Comment